Joshua Tetley & Son Ltd.

From BaildonWiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Joshua Tetley & Son Ltd, 21 Hunslet Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire

Founded before October 1822 when Joshua Tetley acquired William Sykes' brewery. Registered July 1897. Merged with Walker Cain Ltd. with 2,771 houses 1960 to form Tetley Walker Ltd.

Became part of Allied-Breweries but in January 1993 was renamed Carlsberg-Tetley as a result of an amalgamation with the Carlsberg Brewery.

Ceased brewing June 2011 and most of site since cleared.

Baildon Tetley pubs from Brewerypedia:-

  • 28. Queen’s Head with brewhouse, Baildon Bridge, Baildon (Oct. 1892)
  • 174. Shoulder of Mutton Inn with brewhouse, Otley Road/ Hollings Lane, Baildon (Dec. 1905)

Other details can be found at this page on Wikipedia.

In 1931, the art deco Tetley headquarters building was erected and after closure of the brewery in 2011 it became The Tetley in 2013, a centre for contemporary art in Leeds’ South Bank.