Manor Courts

From BaildonWiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

Manor Courts were held in several of the Baildon Alehouses

Manor Courts in chronological order[1] 1771-1865
Year Location
1771 Horse and Groom The House of Mr. Thomas Brennand at the sign of the Horse and Groom[2]
1779, 1806, 1807, 1809, 1811 The Angel
1815, 1817 Bay Horse
1820, 1824, 1828 Cross Keys
1831, 1835, 1839, 1841, 1846, 1850 Malt Shovel
1854, 1865 The Angel

According to the above information the last Manor Court was held in The Angel in 1865. This would explain why the Royal Coat of Arms are still in The Angel. This photo was taken in Dec 2018 after the refit of the Angel as a Greene King pub.

Royal Coat of Arms. The Angel

References

  1. Baildon and The Baildons. W. Paley Baildon. Page 56. Original source - Court Rolls.
  2. See the page for the Bay Horse where it is suggested that the Horse and Groom became the Bay Horse