Existing Historic Buildings
Many building in Baildon that are still standing have a history. They don't need to be old for them to have a story and a history. I don't have any details of a history for some of the buildings listed here but they are Pubs, Inns or Hotels and so have been features of Baildon. You can read about historic buildings of Baildon that no longer exist here.
- Cross Keys (John Holmes, vict.),
- Roebuck (Mary Kendallm vict.),
- Bay Horse (Matthew Stead, vict.),
- Angel (William Wainman, vict.) and
- Malt Shovel (Nicholas Walker, vict.).
Buildings with their Own Page
List of buildings with their own pages
Photos with links to their pages
These buildings as yet don't have their own pages.
Baildon Moravian Church
Listed Building description
Moravian Church. C1868 by Samuel Jackson (Bradford). Dressed stone, Welsh blue-slate roof. Simple Gothic Revival style. The north gable has main entrance with pointed-arched doorway with inner chamfered jambs with cusped lintel. This is flanked by cusped lancets. Above doorway are a pair of plate tracery 2-light windows with trefoils to heads, flush with relieving arches in gable which is coped with kneelers and surmounted by bellcote. Return walls have 4 bays of 2-light cusped windows with trefoils; corbelled gutter brackets. Steeply-pitched roof with 4 gabled vents with pierced work to arches of louvres. Interior: note inspected.
For details of the Baildon Reservoirs have a look here Baildon Reservoirs
Batley House was built on Hallcliffe in 1837 by William Scholefield and lived in by a few Baildon folk well known in their day including William Wainman Holmes 1st (of Baildon Milland the Moravian Church) and Nicholas Walker (of the Airedale Tannery that bore his name); in due course it was lived in by Mrs Frederick Holmes in the 30’s and lastly by her Son William Wainman Holmes 3rd.
William Scholefield was married to Miss Mary Wainman in Chapelry of Baildon 21 December 1817 by John Chapman witnessed by William Wainman and Thomas Holmes. William was buried aged 70 in Baildon 3 Sept 1852 - William Fawcett officiating minister.
Something is not quite right here. If in 1852 William was 70 as stated on page 94 entry 751 of burials then he could not have been 50 in the 1841 census. But looking at the writing on the census form it quite definitely says 50. More records are needed to check against. Perhaps his birth date is around 1781 and not 1791. The 1851 census has a William Scholefield at Batley House and his age could easily be read as 69 and then he would be 70 in 1852, the year of his death. This then fits with information form Nick Holmes who has been doing family research and says his year of birth was 1782. Looking at records for his wife Mary suggest that she would not have been 50 on the 1841 census. Even though it is very legible it looks as though it is just wrong. The 1861 census has Mary aged 76 which gives a birth year of 1785.
Until recently the land extended to Holden Lane but newer houses have now been built on the land - Batley Court.
|William Scholefield||Head||50(?error. 59)||Male||Yorkshire||Worsted M|
|Mary Scholefield||50(?error. 56)||Female||Yorkshire|
|John Holmes||15||Male||Yorkshire||Wool sorter|
|Betty Furnish||15||Female||Yorkshire||Free Servant|
1881 Census Data
|William W. Holmes||Head||62||Male||Baildon, Yorkshire||Widower||Worsted Spinner & Manufacturer|
|William H. Holmes||Son||22||Male||Baildon, Yorkshire||Home duties (Domestic)|
|Arthur Holmes||Son||19||Male||Baildon, Yorkshire||Articled Or Solicitor (Law Clerk)|
|Ann Elizabeth Bloxam||Servant||24||Female||Manea, Cambridgeshire||House Keeper (Dommestic)|
1911 Census Data
|Frederick Holmes||Head||54||Male||Baildon, Yorkshire||Married||Tanner & Currier|
|Ellen Mason||Servant||45||Female||Dent, Yorkshire||Single||Cook (Domestic)|
|Grace Dobson||Servant||52||Female||Baildon, Yorkshire||Single||Housemaid (Domestic)|
Butler House, Butler Cottage and Butler Farmhouse. Butler Lane (south side)
Listed Building description
Late C18 or early C19. Hammer-dressed stone, stone slate roof. 2 storeys. 2-cell plan doubledepth. Raised quoins, plinth and sill bands, moulded eaves cornice. 3-bay symmetrical facade. Doorway with pilasters, entablature and open pediment has fan-light and 6-panel door. To either side 2-light flatfaced mullioned windows with slightly recessed mullions. Those to ground floor have lowered sills. Singlelight window over doorway. All windows formerly sashes. Coped gables with stacks. Built in to wall to left of front door is decorative date plaque initialled and dated “ TB ” 1726 reused from an earlier cottage when it was demolished nearby.
Butler Cottage and Butler Farmhouse.
Also known as No 35 and 37 Church Hill. House, now 2 dwellings. Mid C17. Hammer-dressed stone, dressed quoins, stone slate roof. 2 storeys with single-storey outshut to rear. 2-cell, gable-entry plan. Three 1 st-floor windows. All are double-chamfered mullioned windows, those to ground floor have hoodmoulds. 1st cell (Butler Cottage) has former 5-light window with lowered sill altered to 2 lights and with inserted doorway. 3-light window above. 2nd cell has 6-light window (lacking a mullion), 4-light window above; inserted doorway with French windows to left of 2-light fire-window (lacks mullion) with 4-light window above. Coped gable with kneelers and stack to right. Rear has low sweeping roof with 2-light window (blocked) to left of doorway with tie-stone jambs (blocked). Other 2-light window (blocked) and 2 later inserted windows. Right-hand return wall has wide doorway with tie-stone jambs (blocked) forming original gable-entry. Set above is taking-in-door with tie-stone jambs, partly blocked to window. To left, doorway with tie-stone jambs.
Interior: Cottage has stop-chamfered spine-beam and moulded beam with groove to its soffit for board-and muntin panelling a small section of which survives. Basket-arched fireplace with stop-chamfered surround. King-post truss with single-angle struts. 1st-floor chamber has C18 fireplace (probably when Butler House (q.v.) was built) with architrave and moulded shelf with a 2-light double-chamfered mullioned window now blocked by Butler House. Farmhouse has the continuation of same chamfered spine-beam as in cottage. This has scarf-joint to north-east end, evidence of former bressumer.
Hoyle Court Road (north side) this was a Mill owner's large house, now Masonic Lodge.
One of the early designs (1912) by John Clifford Procter (1882-1941) for Sam Ambler, Hoyle Court is a large Wrenaissance house. Most of Procter's other work at that time was domestic, mostly small in scale and Arts and Crafts in style. Other designs in West Yorkshire by John Procter were Kirkby House, Kirkby Overblow and Five Oaks, Ben Rhydding Drive, Ben Rhydding which are very 1930s style..
Hoyle Court website Initialled and dated “E. B.” 1912.
Can anyone give me more any history about Hoyle Court Hall? I know the Ambler family had something to do with it. I am getting married there and would like a bit of history to include with my invites. --Julia 13:31, 24 October 2007 (BST)
Listed Building description
Snecked dressed rubble with ashlar dressings, hammer-dressed stone to rear, stone slate roof. Edwardian Baroque style. 2½ storeys. South front: symmetrical facade, U-shaped with projecting wings. 11 bays to ground floor, 5 bays of windows to 1st floor. Wings have quoins and 2 ground-floor windows with architrave, keystone, projecting sill and apron. Above and set between is 3-light window with broken pediment set over central light which has apron under with carved bracket. Shaped gabled dormer with keyed oculus and carved bracket. Hipped roof with lateral stack to both wings. Slightly set-back hall range has 3 ground-floor windows either side of doorway with Gibbs surround and triple-keystone. 1st floor has 3 windows of 3 lights the central one with broken triangular pediment flanked by broken segmental pedimented windows. Parapet with Lombard frieze rising to central feature with carved urn. Original dormer windows with hips. Hipped roof with 3 stacks with alternate raised and flush quoined angles. Rear has main feature of porch with elaborate doorcase with triple keystone, Ionic pilasters with raised blocks, architrave, pulvinated frieze, cornice and open triangular pediment, parapet surmounted by carved urn. Set back 1 st-floor window has broken segmental pediment with keyed oculus above, shaped gable flanking piers with brackets.
Interior: Stair-hall has fine closed-string open-well staircase with wreathed and ramped handrail, fluted newels with Corinthian capitals and alternate fluted and twist balusters, 2 to each riser, with brackets. Opposite doorways have flanking Doric pilasters the doorcase with architrave and console keystone. Plaster cornice with egg-and-dart moulding. Walls have large rectangular panels. 2 main reception rooms, now opened into one room, have moulded cornices; the northern most room has heavy modillioned cornice and egg-and-dart moulding, fluted pilasters flanking large double doors of 2 panels; the other has dado-rail with Vitruvian scroll decoration, dentil cornice with foliage enrichment with palmette and urns. A 3rd room has fine doorcases with stepped architrave, pulvinated frieze decorated with egg-and-dart moulding and cyma-moulded cornice. Richly decorated fireplace has carved Bacchanalian scene with cherubs and donkey, the sides decorated with carved devils' heads and fruit and foliage, modillioned cornice, marbled surround with original iron grate the apron fretted with Greek Key ornament, carved overmantel with a copy of the original painting.
Old Glen House
Kelly's Directory of 1893 has James P. Dewhurst as manufacturer of lemon cheese etc. & refreshment house keeper. There are also entries for British Temperance House (Miss Mary Ann Cooper, proprietress) The Glen. Formerly at the Old Glen house; first one on the Glen; established 1845. And a separate entry for Mary Ann Cooper (Miss), refreshment rooms, British Temperance house, The Glen. 
Old Village Stocks at Baildon
The Story of Baildon by John La Page has a section on the Stocks, Cross and Fountain where it is said that an old woman who had died 'recently' (the book was written in 1951) could remember the stocks being used. The last remembered case was where a man was condemned (sic) to sit in the stocks during November from 10am to 6pm. The offender had to sit on the cold base of the stone pillar in Towngate and several people, including Raphael Ambler, using his cap, tried to put something under him. However the village constable was vigilant and apparently made him take it back. The book also mentions that in 1904 William Scruton said the name of the last person in the stacks was in dispute. The suggestions are - a coal hawker from Wibsey or Throup Lilley, a Shipley carter, put in the stocks for ill treating a horse.
The Story of Baildon also mentions that in 1862 Baildon chose the drinking fountain over a carillon of bells for the church. So that the fountain could be erected the Baildon Board pulled up the stocks and sent them, as scrap stone, to help build the reservoir on the moors. The side pillars were not broken up. In 1904 it was decided to restore them and John Wilks remembered his father telling him where they were. William Scruton, John Wilks and others recovered the stone from the south west corner of the lower reservoir and returned it to Towngate. It is mentioned in the book that over the years the stocks have suffered damage, mainly by heavy traffic, and it is thought that little of the original stone remains.
See this note from the minutes of Baildon Board about the Stocks that fits with the above.
The following has been submitted as from Bradford Antiquary 1888
The stocks which stood for ages adjourning the old cross at Baildon were removed a few years ago by order of the Board and not one stone of them was left standing. I have made frequent enquiries and was informed that they were removed to Baildon moor and used in construction of the last reservoir made by the local Board. I writes so it may be recorded as to what has become of the old stocks that once existed in Baildon
The following is taken from the Bradford Antiquary website. One Hundred Years Of Local History by J. Reynolds & W.F. Baines, 1978 in the section on William Scruton
Like any good local historian, he spent many hours browsing around the district; on one such ramble, he came across the ancient Baildon stocks embedded in the walls of a reservoir and saw to it that they were restored and placed where they now stand in the centre of the village.
However it has also been suggested that the stocks currently (2011) in Baildon centre are replica ones that were made by someone in the Ellis family.
Potted Meat Stick
The Potted Meat Stick is a reminder of the Holdens, a leading Baildon family. It was given to Baildon in 1862 by Lord Justice Amphlett of Wychbold Hall, Somerset (Richard Paul Amphlett) (?Baron Amphlett of Somerset) and his wife, Mrs Amplett, as a memorial to Mrs Amphlett's mother, Frances Ferrand. Frances was the younger daughter of William Holden.
Baildon had the choice of a gift of a carillon of bells for the church, or a drinking fountain for Towngate. A drinking fountain was chosen. For the erection of the fountain to proceed the Local Board pulled up the stocks in Towngate and sent the stone to be used to build the reservoirs on the moors.
There is reference to an agreement for the erection of a fountain in the notes from the minutes of the Baildon Local Board for 18 March 1862
The fountain bears the following inscriptions:-
THIS FOUNTAIN WAS ERECTED AND PRESENTED TO
THE INHABITANTS OF BAILDON BY RICH : PAUL
AMPHLETT, ESQ., AND HIS WIFE FRANCES, IN
MEMORY OF HER MOTHER, 1862.
TO THE MEMORY OF FRANCES, WIDOW OF EDWARD
FERRAND, ESQ., OF S. IVES AND DAUGHTER OF
WILLIAM HOLDEN, ESQ., OF THIS PLACE.
Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst let
him come unto me and drink. S.John, 7th 37th.
Worship him that made Heaven and Earth and the
Sea and the Fountains of Waters. Rev., 14th 7th.
There is strong evidence that the fountain never actually worked and the term potted meat stick suggests some derision. Perhaps it was felt that it was given by a foreigner. In 1925 the Council decided it stood in the way of the buses that were making Towngate their terminus and an attempt was made to move it to the left-hand side of the moor road almost opposite the Golf House. However the fountain had become a valued part of the village, so much so that Baildoners objected to the move and by force majeure prevented the contractors from carrying out the work. The fountain became the bus terminus.
It was not so lucky in the 1960s when it was removed during changes to the village centre and ended up in pieces. It was found, restored and put in its present position using money from Mechanics' Institute Funds in 1986. Colin S Michallat says that the late Bernard Stubbs played a part in saving the Potted Meat Stick for Baildon, Colin remembers seeing it firstly in the Council yard off Otley Road, then on a Council tip off Tong Street, then next to the one at Dock Field, only a few feet from it falling into the river. Colin says the late Cllr Fred Atkinson found the hidden money to rebuild it, and that his memorial stone is hidden by the flowers surrounding the statue.
An excellent video of the reconstruction of the fountain can be seen on YouTube here
Its location can be seen here.
Sandal First School, Cliffe Avenue
Converted to apartments after the Bradford schools reorganisation of Local Schools
Listed Building description
Includes: Sandal First School, GREEN ROAD. Board School, 1893-94. Minor C20 alterations. Rock-faced stone with ashlar dressings and plain tile roofs and shouldered and coped rear and side wall stacks. Perpendicular Gothic style. Sill bands, coped gables with ball finials. 2 storeys: 1:4:1 bays. Rectangular central range, with recessed side wings and paired rear wings. Windows have stone mullions and transoms. Major windows have 4-centred arches and tracery. Central block has 4 cross-mullioned windows flanked by single lights. Above, 2 large through-eaves dormers with 3-light windows, flanked by single lights. Return gables have single cross-mullioned windows flanked by single lights, that to the left gable converted to a door. Above, a 3-light pointed arched window and flanking single light. Left side wing has a 3-light flat-headed window. Right wing has doorway with pointed arched overlight. Above, each has two 2-light pointed arched windows. Left return has 2 large openings to left, with late C20 glazing, and to right, a cross-mullioned window with an inserted door. Right return has a cross-mullioned window flanked to left by a single lights, and to right by an opening with C20 glazing. Above, each return has a central through-eaves dormer with a tall transomed light, flanked by single lights. These windows are partly reglazed. Rear gables have 3 large flat headed openings, and above, a 2-light window. Paired rear wings have 4 large flat headed openings, and above, large 3-light pointed arched windows with sidelights. On each side, a flat roofed square porch with door and overlight, approached by a ramp with C19 railing.
INTERIOR: Ground floor rooms have late C20 ceilings and matchboard dados. Entrance hall has plain open well stair, and crossbeam on cast iron column with elaborate scroll brackets. First floor hall has matchboard dado and arch-braced roof on corbels, with glazed screens and half-glazed doors to adjoining classrooms. Classrooms have similar roofs and detailing, one with roof partly exposed.
OUTSIDE: Rock-faced stone boundary wall encloses rectangular site. Gabled and flat coping on each side, chamfered ashlar coping to front and rear, with renewed railing. 2 original gates at rear, one pair to front, with cross-gabled square gate piers.
The photo is taken from the side. The font of the house faces on to Higher Coach Road but is obscured by bushes and trees.
Listed Building description. Grade II
Higher Coach Road (north side, off) (formerly listed as Trench House)
House. Mid C17 with addition initialled and dated “ H ” I E 1697 Hammer-dressed stone, rubble to rear, stone slate roof. 2 storeys. 2-cell plan, double-depth. L-shaped. 5-bay symmetrical facade has rusticated quoins, plinth and band. Doorway has pilasters with moulded capitals, stilted-arched lintel with raised keystone and daisies carved in the spandrels. Above in oval plaque is date stone under circular window. To either side cross-windows with slightly recessed flat-faced mullions in a raised plain stone surround with a roll moulded edge matching door jambs. Coped gables with kneelers and finely sculpted finials and gable stacks with moulded cornice. Rear has 4-light double-chamfered mullioned-and-transomed window to left of cross-window at mezzanine level probably to light the original stair. Kitchen wing breaks forward on right and has blind coped gable with kneelers, finials and stack. Side walls have 2-light window to left and 5-light window with 4-light above to right. Right-hand return wall of main house has 3-light window to 1st floor. The house is of interest as it shows a concious breaking away from the local vernacular tradition with classical elements to its front facade. RCHM (England) report.
Barn 10 metres north of Trench Farmhouse
Listed Building description. Grade II
Barn. Probably contemporary with house, mid-late C17. Hammer-dressed stone, dressed quoins, stone slate roof. L-shaped. Tall cart-entry set in junction between the 2 ranges has pent porch and monolithic lintel. To left, 2 chamfered ventilators with arched heads. To right, basket-arched doorway with composite jambs and chamfered surround, other doorway with monolithic jambs has chamfered lintel. This doorway has weathered dated inscription read “ SH ” 1669 illustrated in Baildon, p240. Window set between to each floor. Rear of this range has basket-arched doorway (blocked) and 3 bays of arched ventilators, some with sunken spandrels. South gable has other arched ventilators. W P Baildon, Baildon and the Baildons, Vol I, 1913, following p240.
This building, built by John Binns, was owned and tenanted by members of the Methodist Society. John Wesley (founder of Methodism) preached from the arched upper window on his 4th and last visit to Baildon on Saturday 22 July 1786. A plaque next to the window records this fact. The building became known as Wesley's House and is Grade II listed. Members of the Rhodes family were tenants for a long time. At the rear of the building next door is an arch with an 1855 date stone.
Written in 1951 - Up to a few years ago the Wesley house was a good specimen of an 18th century country village shop with fine bay windows filled with old glass.
Read more in the Baildon Village Walk Heritage Trail
2017: 9 Browgate is The Balti House Restaurant
Prior to it becoming the Balti House it was David Murgatroyd's.
In 1939 the building was Slade's Gents High Class Hairdressing Saloon.
The building also features in a drawing by Roy Lorraine Smith that is part of the Baildon Village Walk Heritage Trail#Bedlam_Steps_to_the_Moravian_Church
Listed Building description
No 9 Browgate (west side)
Also includes Nos. 11 and 13.
Former Wesleyan Methodist preaching house now restaurant (No 9) (2007), attached to 2 cottages now workshop and office. No 9 and No 11 dated 1755, No 13 early C19. Hammer-dressed stone, stone slate roof. 2 storeys. Forms a U-shaped block with No 13 to left. This has 2 bays. Doorway with tie-stone jambs in 2nd bay. All windows have plain stone surrounds, 4-paned sashes to 1 st floor, former shop window to ground floor. Stack to left gable. Set back No 11 has 3 bays. 1 st bay has doorway with monolithic jambs, 3rd bay has segmental-arched doorway with voussoirs and skew-backs, bears date and initials “JB”. Set between bays is window with plain stone surrounds. Above, three 16-paned sashes. Stack to rear of this range. No 9 breaks forward, gable fronted. Quoins. Ground floor has side shop window and doorway with wooden surrounds of indeterminate date. 1st floor has tall semicircular-arched window with voussoirs and skew-backs. Coped gable with kneelers. Stack to rear of this range. Attached to left is small 1½ storeyed gabled outshut possibly containing staircase originally. Interior: 3-bay roof with 2 king-post trusses with deep cambered tie-beams, single angle struts and stop-chamfered curved braces to the ridge. John Wesley is said to have preached from the 1st-floor window on his last visit to Baildon on Saturday, 22nd July, 1786 (LA Page, p 83).
Another prominent family in the woollen industry, the Amblers, built Westgate House in 1814. Westgate House has been used as Feather's Bakery and cafe and in 2018 is "nine" cafe.
The front of the building that has a name plate of Westgate House has 3 doors. On the left is, in 2018, "nine" restaurant. The centre door has the Westgate House plate and the right hand door 8a Westgate in, in 2018, Assembly Marketing.
There has been a suggestion that the left hand section was the warehouse and the building to the right of the house the mill.
In the 1840s Jeremiah Ambler was possibly the richest man in Baildon, having more servants than anyone else. He was a wool merchant. Farmers brought their wool on donkeys to sell to him. It was said that if a half soveriegn rolled down Northgate it would turn itself up Westgate to Ambler's.
The Amblers, in addition to Westgate House, also owned the warehouse next to it. In the 20th century this warehouse was used by M Barraclough for their lemonade/soda business. It was then used as a bar/bistro and has had several names and refits. See this page for more details of Westgate Warehouse
Westgate, No 25
This building on Westgate at the entrance to Binswell Fold was used by Baildon Local Board of Guardians for their meetings until they moved to the Historic_Buildings_of_the_Past#Mechanics_Institute
This is the Heritage List (AKA the National Heritage List for England) with a search criteria of "Baildon" applied. Several of them have more details in the sections above on this page. The link is to the entry on the Historic England website.
BAILDON HOUSE, STATION ROAD, Baildon, Bradford. See above. - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1199362
BAILDON HALL, HALLFIELD DRIVE, Baildon, Bradford. See above. - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1199151
BAILDON MORAVIAN CHURCH, BROWGATE, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1133400
Roadblock, Bracken Hall Green, Baildon Moor. Glen Road, North of Bracken Hall Green, Baildon Moor, Baildon, Bradford, BD17 5EB, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1420929
Round cairn on east flank of Baildon Hill - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1012676
Round barrow and L-shaped earthwork on Baildon Golf Course - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1012687
Cup marked rock 180m north of the covered reservoir at Baildon - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1011738
Rock with one cup mark north east of the Cricketers' Arms, Baildon Green - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1011739
Cup and ring marked rock east of Eaves Crag, Baildon Moor - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1011740
Cairnfield including ring cairn and carved rocks on Low Plain, Baildon Moor - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1012686
STOCKS, NORTHGATE, Baildon, Bradford. See above. - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1199245
CROSS BASE AND SHAFT OF CROSS, NORTHGATE, Baildon, Bradford. See above. - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1133409
BARN ATTACHED TO THE REAR OF THE ANGEL PUBLIC HOUSE, NORTHGATE, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1133410
4-STOREY MILL WAREHOUSE FORMING PART OF THE PREMISES OF JOHN PEEL AND SON LIMITED, NORTHGATE, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1314287
Saltaire, World Heritage Site - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1000099
MILESTONE SET ON TOP OF WALL APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES NORTH EAST OF HOLLINGS HILL GARAGE, OTLEY ROAD, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1199300
MOORFIELD, JENNY LANE, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1199206
2 AND 4, BROOK HILL, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1133398
WEST SHELTER, ROBERTS PARK, Baildon, ROBERTS PARK, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1133412
MILESTONE OPPOSITE RECEPTION OFFICE OF SHIPLEY PAINT COMPANY, OTLEY ROAD, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1283441
BARN 10 METRES OF TRENCH FARMHOUSE, HIGHER COACH ROAD, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1199183
MALT SHOVEL PUBLIC HOUSE, NORTHGATE, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1283473
EAST SHELTER, Baildon, ROBERTS PARK, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1199311
NORTH SHELTER, ROBERTS PARK, Baildon, ROBERTS PARK, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1199313
22, 24 AND 26, BROOK HILL, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1133399
THE OLD MILL RESTAURANT, WESTGATE, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1133416
COTTAGE APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES NORTH WEST OF FAWEATHER GRANGE, LOW SPRINGS, Non Civil Parish, HIGH ELDWICK, BINGLEY,BAILDON, BINGLEY, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1314281
24, 26, 28 AND 30, NORTHGATE, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1283491
ICE HOUSE, APPROXIMATELY 10 METRES NORTH EAST OF FAWEATHER FARMHOUSE, LOW SPRINGS, HIGH ELDWICK, Non Civil Parish, HIGH ELDWICK, BINGLEY,BAILDON, BINGLEY, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1199646
ASH HOUSE FARMHOUSE, SCONCE LANE, Non Civil Parish, BAILDON, BINGLEY,LOW SPRINGS, BINGLEY, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1200309
BUTLER HOUSE, BUTLER LANE, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1133402
GILL BECK BRIDGE, ESHOLT LANE, Baildon, SHIPLEY, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1133405
14, LOW FOLD, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1133408
CROWTREE, 40, STATION ROAD, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1133415
WESLEY HOUSE, 9, BROWGATE, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1133401
MIDGLEY FARMHOUSE, THOMPSON LANE, Baildon, BAILDON GREEN, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1314252
1 AND 2, GHYLLBECK FARM, ESHOLT LANE, BAILDON, BD17 7RJ, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1133404
WOODLANDS - 1, 2 AND 3, ROUNDWOOD ROAD, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1199322
BROOKHILL STORES, 29, STATION ROAD, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1199360
LODGE AT EAST ENTRY TO PARK, Baildon, ROBERTS PARK, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1133411
STATUE OF SIR TITUS SALT SET IN CENTRE OF MAIN TERRACE OF PARK, Baildon, ROBERTS PARK, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1133413
TEA ROOM, BALUSTRADE AND FLANKING STEPS, ROBERTS PARK, Baildon, ROBERTS PARK, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1314250
GATEPIERS AND FLANKING WALLS AND LODGE TO THE WOODLANDS, ROUNDWOOD ROAD, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1314251
16, LOW FOLD, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1314286
CHURCH OF ST JAMES, OTLEY ROAD, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1314288
27 AND 27A, STATION ROAD, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1133414
FORMER STABLE BLOCK AND COTTAGE TO LANGLEY HOUSE, LANGLEY COURT AND LANGLEY LODGE, STATION ROAD, BAILDON, BD17 6SE, Baildon, BAIDON, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1265472
ROUNDWOOD GRANGE, ROUNDWOOD ROAD, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1199328
OLD HALL, WESTGATE, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1199367
BUTLER COTTAGE AND BUTLER FARMHOUSE, BUTLER LANE, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1133403
BRACKEN HALL FARMHOUSE AND ATTACHED BARN, GLEN ROAD, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1314284
TRENCH FARMHOUSE, HIGHER COACH ROAD, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1314285
FAWEATHER GRANGE AND ATTACHED BARN, LOW SPRINGS, HIGH ELDWICK, Non Civil Parish, BINGLEY, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1283261
Cup-marked rock on slight bank north east of Glovershaw quarry - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1009724
CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST, HALL CLIFFE LANE, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1133406
LANGLEY HOUSE, STATION ROAD, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1134144
Cup and ring marked rock at Hoyle Court Drive, Charlestown - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1013373
Cup-marked rock between road and public toilets at Bracken Hall Green - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1134144
HOYLE COURT, HOYLE COURT ROAD, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1133407
Cup marked rock and round cairn south east of Dobrudden caravan park - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1012681
Cup and ring marked rock 42m south of Dobrudden caravan park - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1012677
Rock with large number of cup marks south of Dobrudden caravan park - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1012678
Rock with single cup mark south of Dobrudden caravan park - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1012679
Carved rock in spoil of shaft mound south east of Dobrudden caravan park - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1012680
Cup marked rock 71m south east of Dobrudden caravan park - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1012682
Cup and ring marked rock north of Pennythorn Hill - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1012684
Rock with single cup mark between road and Pennythorn Hill - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1012685
Carved bedrock close to road north east of the public toilets on Bracken Hall Green - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1009700
Cup-marked bedrock near Old Glen House - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1009701
Cup-marked rock close to road south east of a small car park south east of Bracken Hall Farm. - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1009716
Carved rock in field behind Bracken Hall Farm - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1009717
Carved rock above Bracken Hall Crag, north of the bottom of the track to Mitton Spring - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1009719
Cup and groove-marked rock on east edge of Glovershaw quarry - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1009720
Small carved rock in path east of Glovershaw quarry - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1009721
Small cup-marked rock 30m east of Glovershaw quarry - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1009722
Carved rock near north east corner of Glovershaw quarry - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1009723
Southernmost of two cairns east of Glovershaw quarry - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1009725
BANK WALK HOUSE, BANK WALK, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1133440
Round cairn and curving bank on Pennythorn Hill - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1012683
Northernmost of two cairns east of Glovershaw quarry, including adjacent cup-marked rock - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1013408
SANDAL FIRST SCHOOL, GREEN ROAD, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1389485
Baildon, ROBERTS PARK, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1001226
Enclosed settlement known as `Soldier's Trench' including a cup-marked rock - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1009718
Ferniehurst Farm, Ferniehurst, Baildon, West Yorkshire, BD17 5QS, Baildon, Bradford - https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1429341
- 1822 Baines History and Directory, West Riding.
- Baildon and The Baildons. W Paley Baildon
- D Linstrum, West Yorkshire Architects and Architecture (1978) p379.
- Info from Nick Holmes. 2018.
- RIBA Gallery
- Douglas, J. (2015). Modernism in Yorkshire: The work of John Procter. Twentieth Century Architecture, (12), 48-63. Retrieved January 10, 2021, from http://www.jstor.org/stable/24644456
- Kelly's Directory for Leeds of 1893. Page 459, 460 & 461
- The Story of Baildon. John La Page.
- Page 11 2002 Baildon Community Handbook